In this special episode of the Lost and Founder podcast I share my answers to three questions I received when doing an AMA (Ask Me Anything) with the Software as a Service community on Reddit this week.
It's hard to scale down an hour long conversation, followed by an evening of written Q&A on Reddit into a 20 minute show, but I tried.
In this episode I have experimented with a different format – with three questions from the AMA, and a summary of my answers. I hope you enjoy the episode!
I share my answers to these three questions:
- How has working with the team changed over the years?
- How have we managed to get publicity for GoSquared over the years?
- What advice would I give to my 20 year old self?
Actions / take aways
As I have been doing for a few weeks, I want this podcast to be increasingly valuable for listeners, so I tried to boil down the show into a few actionable takeaways:
- As a CEO, a lot of your job is to: give direction, unblock, and communicate with your team.
- Don't purely focus on the marketing that is measurable – take risks, experiment, be bold. Do things that are impossible to measure.
- With your marketing – make time for responding and reacting to news-worthy events in your industry. Newsjacking is a thing!
- Be clear with what you want from life, from your business, from your team. It will make a lot of things easier.
- Find a coach to help you make time for yourself and clarify your thoughts. You'll be glad you did.
Links and further reading
A few links to what I mentioned in this episode of Lost and Founder:
- Ch Daniel on Twitter
- Simple Ink by Ch Daniel
- Reddit AMA with James Gill in the the SaaS community
- Timeline of GoSquared history
- Newsjacking Book
Thanks, and see you next time!